Friday, November 30, 2012

Casual Glam






Dress:daftbird Vest: vintage Belt: H&M (similar) Shoes: Zara (similar, similar)  Crocodile clutch: vintage (similar) Bracelets: John Hardy, Tiffany's, Necklace (worn as bracelet): Tiffany's, DVF Brazilian wish bracelet Necklace: Gucci 

It has taken a turn for the absolutely freezing outside, and though the obvious choice is to start bundling  layer upon layer when heading outdoors, I wanted to keep my look from turning into a  lumpy, bulky mishmash of an outfit on my Friday night. So naturally, I turned to this vest and belt to add a dose of glamour to the simple look, taking the casual maxi dress to the next level...without sacrificing warmth of course.
 (My coat and ample dosage of wine didn't hurt either!)

There was something wonderfully sleek about the line of the dress, and when paired with the luxe accessories it created a look I know will become a quick and easy go-to for me, when a casual outfit with just a touch of extra ooomph is in order. 

2 comments:

  1. what jackets do you recommend for the season, that are warm, but not bulky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great option is a classic wool coat that's lined, usually with fleece or Thinsulate. J Crew offers the option on almost every style they carry, and Allsaints and Anthropologie are good places to look also!

      Delete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs